Lately I have been feeling passionate about a few mindfulness apps that have worked wonders in my therapy practice. I want to share with you the top app I use in my practice with adults. It is easy, accessible and fun to use!
This app has been a game changer. Being someone who likes to practice what they preach, I myself have been using this app for the better part of a year now and love the features and updates. If sitting silently is a challenge for you, this app might be right up your alley. Here are a few of my favorite features.
- Ease: The app is easy to use. Divided into sections, you can navigate the app to you preference. Under “guided meditation”, users can search under specific topics or browse the playlists to explore well categorized meditations. Playlists range from introduction to meditation, sleep and relax to music, new and noteworthy and kids and teens.
- Variety: Hundreds of guided meditations from varied teachers from around the world in multiple languages are available. This variety means that you can find a teacher whose style, voice and overall approach you best like. By clicking on the term “related” under the meditation you like, you can find all the other meditations offered by this teacher. I personally have loved exploring all the other meditations offered by my favorite teachers.
- Connection: With users throughout the world, insight timer connects you to other meditators in real time, displaying how many people are meditating at the same time around the globe. You can choose to send a message to someone local or abroad thanking them for meditating with you and even continue this conversation through their message feature, to make connections near and wide.
- Freshness: If you are someone who loves discovery, this app will get you exited. New meditations, music and talks are downloaded daily.
- Organization: This app is impeccably organized. With features such as bookmaking, you can save and return to your favorite meditations. The star ratings help you seek out the most popular meditations, talks and music.
These are just few of my favorite aspects of this app. In my experience, it has made meditating and connecting to mindfulness practice to easy and fun for the majority of my clients. I would even go so far as to say, it has helped them change their lives in meaningful ways. So please take a look and see what you think.